Terms and conditions for courses
Floral Magic Pte Ltd is registered in Singapore under GST Registration Number 201500083R and operates from 334 King George’s Avenue, Singapore 208571. (Previously operated as Floral Magic Flowers & Gifts from August 2000 – December 2014.)
Price and payment
- All prices (courses, flowers, related goods, delivery, etc) listed on our website are quoted in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and exclusive of the prevailing GST. These prices are subject to change without prior notice or obligations to you.
- Full payment of course fees must be received at least five days prior to the commencement of the course. Your place on the course is not guaranteed until full payment is received.
- All our online transactions are processed via Stripe for credit card payment. Alternatively, if you wish to pay by bank transfer, please email us for our account details.
- From time to time, we may have promotional codes for our partners, or products at discounted prices, subject to validity date and completed usage.
- The promotional code must be entered into the “Promo Code” field on the checkout page and applied successfully for the discount to be deducted from the order. If the promotional code is still valid, the discounted amount should be tabulated before you submit your order.
- Promotions and discounts cannot be combined, only one code can be applied to any order.
- We are unable to offer apply promotional codes for purchases that have already been completed and payment made.
- We reserve the right to amend, withhold or withdraw promotions at any time.
Cancellations and refunds by you
- We have a strict no-cancellation and no-refund policy.
- Your booking will only receive up a partial refund of up to 70% if you are unable to attend due to you or any of your household members being
- issued with Quarantine Order.
- issued with Stay-Home Notice (SHN).
- placed on Leave of Absence (LOA) or phone surveillance.
- required to undergo a mandatory COVID-19 swab test.
- issued a “Health Risk Warning” or “Health Risk Alert” notification from the Ministry of Health.
- are unwell with flu-like symptoms such as cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath.
- Please send us your medical certificate or official proof of quarantine/ SHN/ LOA/ swab test/ notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you can substantiate your absence with the document(s) listed above, you may either:
- Transfer of booking to another name, if you can find someone willing and able to take your place. Should we have a waitlist, we will check if the next person is willing and able to take your booking.
- For written notice given 7-14 days before course commencement, be refunded of 70% of course fee.
- For written notice given 0-6 days before course commencement, be refunded of 35% of course fee.
- Please do not make a booking with full payment unless you are agreeable to our no-cancellation, no-refund policy.
Cancellations and refunds by us
- Please note that all courses have a minimum student count that varies from course to course. The course may be cancelled if too few bookings are received. We reserve the right to amend or cancel courses.
- If we cancel a course, we will try to give you at least five days’ notice. You will have the option of transferring to a postponed date that we propose, or a full refund of the fees which may take 5-10 working days to reflect on your statement depending on your bank processing time.
- We cannot be held liable for any losses (including but not limited to travel, accommodation and otherwise), that may occur due to the cancellation or postponement of the course, other than the cost of the course fee.
- If you are unable to attend a class for personal or professional reasons, you will not be entitled to a refund as part of our strict no-cancellation, no-refund policy.
- Your booking for a particular course is transferable to another name made as a private arrangement between you and the other party (without any refunds made on our end), but must be notified in writing to us at email@example.com up to one day before the commencement of the course.
Photography and videography
- You may take as many photographs of your own work, as you wish during the course and use it on your online portfolio
- You are not permitted to
- Take voice or video recordings during the course of instruction at Floral Magic
- Take photos, voice or video recordings of other students, nor use them in your portfolio
- To receive a certificate of completion, you must attend at least 80% of the course duration.
- The certificate is a digital certificate that will be sent to you via email.
- Should you wish to receive a printed and laminated copy at the end of course, please notify us on the first day of your course and collect it from us before you leave on the last day.
- One-time replacement digital certificates can be requested up to one year after completion of your course, subject to an administrative fee of $10.
- Students are expected to follow the health and safety guidelines that are provided before the commencement of each course, and return a signed copy of the Waiver of Liability.
- Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear during the course.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves professionally throughout the course, and understand that instruction, support and assistance is rendered to all students attending the course – not on a private, one-on-one basis.
- Students who fail to comply with health and safety guidelines and overall conduct will be asked to leave the course.
Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
- There may be information on our website that has typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that relate to descriptions, pricing, promotion, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information on our website if it is inaccurate at any time without prior notice or obligations to you (including after your order or booking confirmation).
- We shall not be liable for any failure to perform, if such failure or delay is due to circumstances that is unforeseeable and beyond our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to accidents, adverse weather, flood, fire, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public roads, strikes, riot, civil commotion, terrorism, malicious damage, acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics, epidemics, or other outbreaks of disease or infection, breakdown of plant or machinery or lighting, air conditioning or telecommunications equipment, failure in the external supply of electricity, water, or telecommunications (including internet) connections, or compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction.
- Your personal data (such as name, email, contact number, delivery address, or any other identifying information you provide) is collected when you:
- register an account with our website;
- request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter for updates;
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit a comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- make purchases of goods or services through our website.
- The personal data collected from you is confidential. It is used for the purpose of fulfilling the goods and services that we provide to you. This may include all communications with you to manage your requirements, billing, and delivery of your order.
- With your permission, we may send you marketing emails about our store, new products and other updates. You may opt out of further contact from us at any time.
- Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
- Our website may contain third-party links to other websites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. When you go to other websites from here, they may have privacy practices that differ from and are independent of ours.
- We may update this page of Terms and Conditions at our discretion. Please check back this page and the links within to ensure that you are fully aware of any changes.
Acceptance of terms
- By using this website, you signify your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to any of the Terms and Conditions, please refrain from using this website. Your continued usage of this website will deem your acceptance.
Last updated 10 August 2021.